We help organizations help their people, because engaged people are the driving force of business.
Engaged employees and your organization
Engaged employees are more productive, loyal and perform better during challenging times. For your organization this means higher retention, customer satisfaction, productivity and profit.
Employee Support Solutions drive engagement
Employee Support Solutions help your organization, your employees and their families resolve work, health and life issues that can interfere with productivity and engagement. Close to 10,000 organizations have strengthened their workplace with our Employee Support Solutions.
Experts and leaders in health and productivity
Our experts are often called upon by media, conference organizers and governance committees to help business leaders understand the importance and value of employee health in every sector of business.
Accreditation - commitment to excellence and service delivery
Key to our long standing success has been the quality assurance standards and clinical practices that we employ. All that we do is validated by national, objective, independent and reliable standards for behavioural health and social service organizations by the Council on Accreditation (COA).
As the largest Canadian-based provider of EFAP services, as well as the first Canadian provider to achieve COA accreditation, we are proud of our continuous investment in our people, programs, and systems to ensure unparalleled quality.
We operate in a culture of continuous improvement as we strive to always be at the forefront of innovation in our industry, bringing valuable changes and additions to enhance our clients’ experiences. Recent relevant examples include:
First Chat provides real-time online conversation with our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) support professionals for immediate assistance with work, health or life issues – an EFAP industry first! Users can chat instantly online with a professional counsellor or inquire about and book EFAP support services.
Support is available 24/7/365 – no delays or appointments needed!
First Chat provides:
- Confidential and secure instant professional support
- Real-time online communication for either:
- Immediate issue exploration with a professional counsellor
- EFAP support service inquiry and booking
- Ultimate convenience and privacy
What First Chat users are saying:
“With today’s office environment moving towards cubicles without any privacy, the internet chat is great for being able to discuss things and get info without the whole floor knowing.”
“It is very good way to communicate, especially for those who are shy, or nervous. [This] is more comfortable way to start conversation. Thank you.”
First Chat – confidential and secure:
No software to install means instant access to confidential support. First Chat sessions are hosted with fully secure data transmission and storage. Your privacy is guaranteed.
- First Chat is available to Canadian employees and their family members.
- Go to workhealthlife.com and click on the First Chat button.
- From a mobile device, use My EAP app and click on any Chat Now link or find the First Chat button under Tools.
Award-winning My EAP app
Get the help you need on your mobile device, anytime and anywhere.
Gain immediate, confidential and secure access to your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) on your mobile device. Available worldwide in three languages and across all major mobile platforms, our My EAP app is your 'always-on' mobile support tool. Watch video now.
Confidential support 'on the go'
- In-app counseling
- In-app service booking
- Call our Care Access Center for support worldwide with one touch
- Assess your stress level, health of your relationship, and financial wellness
- Mobile-friendly versions of your EAP online programs
- Insightful articles and videos
- Available in English, French, and Spanish
What's new on My EAP
- Now you can login and access your EAP online programs under My Activities and view the EAP services specific to your organization
- My EAP accepts the same login credentials as our website, workhealthlife.com
Free download and available worldwide, simply visit your device app store or scan QR code now.
My EAP user feedback
“Useful resource - articles, videos, and quizzes. Able to initiate access to clinical support quickly.”
“Great material to read during my train commute – gives me a positive kick start to my day.”
“Thank you, I needed support immediately and [First Chat] was there, thanks.”
“It's like having a friend, a lawyer, a counselor and various health tools with you at all times.”
If you are in a crisis situation or at risk of harm to yourself or others, the Care Access Center is available 24/7 for immediate and confidential assistance.
Device and system requirements to run My EAP include Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad device software OS4.3 or higher, BlackBerry [Curve, Torch, Bold, Z10, Q10] device software V 5.0 or 10.1 or higher, or Android device software OS3 or higher. A QR code scanner or reader may be required. Refer to My EAP FAQs for additional detailed software and phone requirements.
Depending on worldwide location, regional restrictions and device version some services, features and functionality may not be available.
E-Counseling is a series of written exchanges with a professional counsellor, and does not depend on quickness of thought or speed of typing. E-Counseling is delivered via a private messaging portal accessed securely via the Internet or My EAP app anytime, from anywhere in the world.
- Professional counseling via written exchanges online
- Private access anytime from anywhere
- Ultimate security for all correspondence
E-Counseling is right for people who:
- Express themselves clearly through writing
- Enjoy writing from the privacy of their own computer
- Are seeking professional, direct assistance in addressing personal issues
- Have busy schedules or limited opportunities to attend In-Person Counseling
E-Counseling – confidential and secure
Whether E-Counseling is accessed via computer or mobile device, the security of E-Counseling is ensured through a direct connection with the secure Shepell server. Our encryption software and clinical practices ensure your information is protected. Users are required to enter their private login credentials each time they access E-Counseling.
Register for E-Counseling now!
Video Counseling offers an exciting new way to access Professional Counseling. This new method of delivery offers ultimate flexibility - appealing to a wide range of users. Video Counseling clients will engage in real-time, private and confidential conversations with their counsellor.
Video Counseling offers:
- Professional Counseling via the Internet and webcam
- Convenient virtual face-to-face interaction
- Secure and stable platform
Video Counseling is best suited for those who:
- Live in remote regions
- Have busy schedules or limited opportunities to attend In-Person Counseling
- Prefer to express themselves verbally (rather than in writing)
- Have exceptional privacy needs
Video Counseling – system requirements and security
The client will need a high-speed Internet connection, webcam, telephone, and will be required to install software. The Video Counseling software has many safeguards, encryptions, and firewalls ensuring login credentials and all communications are kept private and safe.
Getting started with Video Counseling
Clients can learn more about and get started with Video Counseling by contacting the EFAP Care Access Center at 1 800 387-4765.
Text-based Self-help Counseling
Text-based Self-help Counseling is offered through our Health & Wellness Resource Packages; solution-focused collection of resources and information that clients can consult at their own pace. Packages address various topics and each contains an integrated set of practical and easy-to-use articles, tips sheets, self-assessment questionnaires and additional reference materials.
Health & Wellness Resource Packages are written by experts:
Each package consists of a booklet containing the latest expert information in article, checklist, tip sheet, self-assessment questionnaires or activity format. Additionally, packages can include books by best selling authors, audio resources and more! Relevant expert materials will help clients:
- Understand their issue thoroughly
- Assess where they are and where they need to go
- Plan and problem-solve
- Take action and evaluate progress
Health & Wellness Resource Packages are available on the following topics:
- Eating for Health
- Parenting School-Age Children (6-12 years)
- Parenting Teens
- Enhancing Your Relationship
- Enriching Your Career
- Managing Workplace Stress
- Job Loss and Transition
How to obtain Health & Wellness Resource Packages
- Employees and family members in Canada can go to workhealthlife.com and click on the Online Access button to select packages online
- Alternatively, any employee or family member can contact our Care Access Center at 1 800 387-4765 or use First Chat to request a package